Request a Bench
Join our growing national network of participating schools!
We’re now accepting requests from members of Canadian* secondary and post-secondary schools (student councils, student service groups, school faculty/administration, mental health/student service departments, etc.).
Our 100% volunteer-run organization works with schools to raise the funds to deliver/install our iconic yellow friendship bench and implement our innovative #YellowIsForHello mental health awareness campaign.
The Friendship Bench is a permanent installation designed to:
- Be a permanent reminder to students to take minute of out their day to sit, breathe and talk (or think) about their mental health and that of their peers
- Encourage peer-to-peer conversations about mental health
- Via the on-bench web-address/hashtag, connect students with available on-campus mental health support service
- Act as a tool to help inspire and augment existing on-campus mental health awareness efforts
The #YellowIsForHello mental health awareness campaign is designed to:
- Support existing on-campus mental health education campaigns
- Decrease the stigma surrounding mental health
- Encourage more peer-to-peer dialogue among students in their preferred communication channels
NEW! We are now accepting applications from Canadian community groups and community centres.
*Sorry, at this time, this program is only available in Canada.